THE DIGITAL DESIGN TOURNAMENTWhat happens and why
WHY YOU SHOULD COMPETEPrizes & How We Showcase Your Talent
HOW TO COMPETEQualifying Process
TRAINING ROOMPrepare Like You Want To Win
The best reason to participate in Cut&Paste is to have fun and meet new people. That said, we wanted to fill you in on a few more reasons.
Our global creative community spanning 5 continents will learn more about you and your talents. Here's how:
1. Our Stage - Your local creative community will be there to witness. You'll be the rockstar in our video. We'll do our best to get your good side.
2. Your Music Videos - We video record your Qualifier and Tournament design rounds and you get the chance to narrate it with music.
3. Our Website - Your profile and portfolio will be featured on our site. We all know your best is in your portfolio. :-)
Why stop with a fun show? In each city, we're working to create new opportunity in the following ways:
1. A Design Commission as Grand Prize - We're striving to offer each Grand Prize winner a special Design Commission with one of our partner brands. Past commission partners include Converse, Shapeways, 55DSL, and Nooka
2. Our Jury - The best opportunities come from the people you meet. We are thankful to have luminaries like Jeff Staple, Tristan Eaton, Benjamin Palmer, David Schwarz, and Michael DiTullo to come meet you.
Each Grand Prize winner in each city's 3 competitions will be flown to NYC in March, 2012 to compete in our annual Global Championship. What to expect:
1. Compete With The Best - Bring your best stuff to New York and see how you stack up.
2. Show Off To The Best - it's true. NYC has a kickass audience. But our global audience will be watching you on this stage.
3. Network With The Best - With our studio tour, you'll get the chance to mingle with studios, agencies, and brands - your new clients. ;)
As part of the 2011 Tour, Cut&Paste is shooting a series of profile videos on select Competitors and Judges from each of its tour cities. Our goal is to tell the deeper story of the designer's process - the preparation, the techniques, the inspirations, and the superstitions.
If you would like to be featured in one of the videos, help us to understand you more when you fill out our Entry Form and when you meet our partner teams at your local Qualifiers. Like our global audience, we want to know more about you.
To left is a sample video of what we'll shoot about designers like you.
Each Grand Prize winner in each city's 3 competitions will receive some pretty killer prizes too. The prizes are different from city-to-city, but we are thankful for the support of Adobe® in providing its Creative Suite 5 software to many of our designers. Specific prize details can be found as announced on each Event's Overview page.